Question CPU Red Light Cycling while Computer in Use

xRayne

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2013
Hi all. Just noticed today that the red CPU light is illuminated on the top-right side of my board (as positioned inside the case). I started looking it up, noticed the standard CPU failures it could be reporting. It seems to cycle on/off, however. It's not staying on for more than a minute or two at a time. The kicker: I've noticed it only while my computer is running. It's booted, in use. I'm typing this on it right now. But every few minutes, the light'll come on; then turn off after a bit. I'm not too sure what to make of it; I couldn't find any info about what it may mean if it starts while the computer's already in operation. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hi all. Just noticed today that the red CPU light is illuminated on the top-right side of my board (as positioned inside the case). I started looking it up, noticed the standard CPU failures it could be reporting. It seems to cycle on/off, however. It's not staying on for more than a minute or two at a time. The kicker: I've noticed it only while my computer is running. It's booted, in use. I'm typing this on it right now. But every few minutes, the light'll come on; then turn off after a bit. I'm not too sure what to make of it; I couldn't find any info about what it may mean if it starts while the computer's already in operation. Any thoughts/suggestions?
And your PC is ?

Reactions: MEMOFLEX