Feb 23, 2020
Just built new PC. Brand new parts and everything, I have looked at the guides posted and nothing seems to work. I get the Red CPU error light and can’t figure out what I should do. Everything powers on fine, all fans, lights, and AiO.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU: i5 9600k
RAM: G Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8 3200
GPU: GTX 1050
I need help ASAP, please and thank you!

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Did you try reseating the cpu? And also make sure the cpu cooler is on right and make sure the cpu power plug is plugged in properly and try each ram stick to make sure they are working

Reactions: zx128k
Feb 23, 2020
Did you try reseating the cpu? And also make sure the cpu cooler is on right and make sure the cpu power plug is plugged in properly and try each ram stick to make sure they are working
I had already reseated the CPU when I took everything apart and back together, and the cooler seems to be running fine, and the plug clicks in and such. I just tried booting with a RAM stick in different slots each time and without any and still no display and red CPU light.

Feb 16, 2020
Plug the air/aio fan into the designated CPU ONLY fan header. There is more than one header and if the Mobo doesn’t detect cooling device on the cpu header it no worky.

Feb 23, 2020
Plug the air/aio fan into the designated CPU ONLY fan header. There is more than one header and if the Mobo doesn’t detect cooling device on the cpu header it no worky.
My AiO has a 3pin for the pump and a 4 pin for the fan, and there is one 4 pin cpu fan on the mobo. I plugged the fan into the Cpu header then the pump into a sys fan header, still red light.

Reactions: Greatli

zx128k

Reputable
Motherboard could be the issue as well.

I would guess you have tried all the easy stuff like checking power cables, reseating the cpu and clearing cmos. Trying one ram stick (or different ram sticks) in different DIMM slots. You can also remove the cmos battery (forces a clear of cmos) and reflash the bios if everything is really really dead (you can switch to a backup bios if the motherboard has one).

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020
Motherboard could be the issue as well.

I would guess you have tried all the easy stuff like checking power cables, reseating the cpu and clearing cmos. Trying one ram stick (or different ram sticks) in different DIMM slots. You can also remove the cmos battery (forces a clear of cmos) and reflash the bios if everything is really really dead (you can switch to a backup bios if the motherboard has one).
Yea I tried all of that, and how would I switch to a backup BIOS? If that doesn’t work should I get a new motherboard?