[SOLVED] Cpu replacement

Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys I have just replaced my cpu . I was running a asus prime a320m-k with the athlon 200ge with radeon Vega graphics. And swapped it with the ryzen 5 1600 3.2ghz. I turn pc on and no picture. My fans r running constant and I get 4 bleeps. HELP!!!

Solution
Stupid question but is it because I need to put a graphics card in first as original cpu had vega graphics on it

That is not a stupid question, it is a very good and relevant question, and you actually solved your own problem.

If you do not have any kind of dedicated graphics card in your current setup, you will not be able to get a display signal to your monitor, since the ryzen 5 1600 doesn't have integrated graphics, which your previous CPU did.

So a dedicated grapihcs card is required in order to connect a monitor and recieve a display signal from the PC with the new CPU upgrade
Apr 2, 2020
I did that and bios is up to date and higher value to wat is needed. Stupid question but is it because I need to put a graphics card in first as original cpu had vega graphics on it

Found this picture on anothe forum and they said it was ASUS beeps so you done the update and not worked so maybe Its Hardware Failure Or No VGA Detected!. So if you have gpu connect it and try there grapthics!

ATqc1.png

Stupid question but is it because I need to put a graphics card in first as original cpu had vega graphics on it

That is not a stupid question, it is a very good and relevant question, and you actually solved your own problem.

If you do not have any kind of dedicated graphics card in your current setup, you will not be able to get a display signal to your monitor, since the ryzen 5 1600 doesn't have integrated graphics, which your previous CPU did.

So a dedicated grapihcs card is required in order to connect a monitor and recieve a display signal from the PC with the new CPU upgrade

Reactions: bencos2018
Solution