CPU Running @100ºC in bios

Nov 27, 2018
Good Day

soo i bought a gaming pc a year ago and just started to randomly freeze while playing games and is giving me an error and when googling that error it said to check my ssd,ram and cpu, i did all that and found no problem i formated my pc installed new windows 10 (from windows and the problem is still there, when i access my bios on startup it says my cpu is running @ 100°C but when i load into windows and run real temp and msi afterburner is says i'm running @ 27°C just to be save a bought a custom cooler to replace the stock one but the temp stays @ 100°C at the bios and normal on msi afterburner (i don't overclock my pc at all) i have installed the latest bios update and all drivers is up to date PLEASE help

PC Spec:

cpu i7-6700

mobo: B250M-D3H

Thanks

winks42

Respectable
This could just be a bug. This happened on my msi z270 board and when I first got into the bios it would say it was at 90c constant but it actually wasn’t. This is fixed now but took 2 bios updates to fix. To be sure make sure it says 100c and not f, it’s small but you may have skipped it :p.
But if it is c and it’s stuck I wouldn’t worry about it.