CPU running at 80C while gaming believe its causing thermal throttling

Yeah if its indeed hitting 80 and not just a fault sensor you are thermal throttling. You could try and take of the cooler and replace the thermal compound or upgrade to a better cooler, even a cheap Cooler Master T2 would probably be better then stock. But giventhe age of your chip don't throw too much money at it.

Jun 19, 2018
I belive it is a few application say its in the 70-80 range, I dont want to replace the CPu i just want to be able to play league and cs at a comfortable 60, if i get the Coolermaster 212 Evo will it likely fix all problems and give me around 50 c or could it be deeper?

Yeah the 212 Evo will most likely take care of it.

You should also clean out the case especially the heat sink, if dust has built up then heat wont dissipate as easily. Just remember dont blow air onto the fans and let them spin fast, hold the fans while you blow them out. A spinning fan is an electrical generator.

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Hyper 212 EVO should do good. I have it on my i7-6700k. Just make sure it fits in your case, I believe you need 150mm clearance from CPU to the inside of the side panel. Check Cooler Master's website. But considering that FX4100's age try replacing the thermal paste first. It will cost you a few $. Replacement thermal paste on my old 2009 laptop (I did this about 2 years ago) lowered temperatures by about 15C.

Jun 19, 2018
Not 100% sure the case i know its cooler master, The cpu cooler wasen't fitted properly and i reapplied thermal paste and its running at a cool 30 degrees, 15-20 at idle i have a Arctic A30 which i assume is good enough to keep it going. Although its running cooler the fps isn't as desirable i dont notice it run into 30-40 anymore which is great but if i'd cap it at 80 it'd stay at 80 constantly i'd be very happy i'd assume the graphics card the gtx 760 would be good to get 100s on league a few years ago and it gets 140 at the start then goes down to 60-80, I know you can only see 60hz and if i were to cap it at that it would then drop down to 50 which is worse.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Try going to mobo website support and installing the latest chipset drivers for the motherboard. Quite often the slowdowns are caused by driver conflicts between legacy drivers and Windows updates overriding them. Lan and audio are usually suspect, but can also affect USB family and pcie.