Question CPU running below base clock on games, but when games close it's going above base clock speeds?

May 19, 2023
My CPU is an i7 10750H @ Base clock of 2.60 GHz. 6 core 12 logical processor CPU. On average I see it hitting 3.5 GHz in terms of clock speed. Now the fun portion. For some reason whenever I play ANY game, take DBD or iRacing for example, the clock speeds seem to be BELOW 2.60 GHZ. This, to me, makes zero sense at all because after I close said game, it starts clocking above 3.0 GHz, even 4.19 GHz while doing absolutely nothing, zero apps open and up on the display, just the desktop. I also play Squad made by OWI (Offworld Industries) and it seems that my CPU never goes above 5% usage overall according to MSI Afterburner and QuickCPU, including the extremely low clock speeds.
Now, to answer the BIOS stuff. The only option available to me CPU wise, is hyperthreading, which is enabled. I also have QuickCPU installed and all of it's settings are set to 100% performance mode. So, if anyone can help me, why is it that the CPU clocks higher when doing absolutely nothing and less utilization, than when I'm playing a game and it's utilizing 30-40%?

May 19, 2023
To answer anymore questions about the hardware I'm using, the device I am using is a laptop from ROG, the Zephyrus M15 GU502LW.
RTX 2070 Max-Q model.
I keep everything up to date through CCLeaner and windows update.