[SOLVED] cpu running hot. how can i cool it down?

Sep 22, 2020
i have a i7 9700k cool by a 120mm aio push /pull with fans at the same rpms. it is mounted in the front. i get cpu temps of up to 90c-95c when playing certain games. wow/ow. anyone got a idea of what i can do to bring the temps down. the aio pump is connect to the cpu fan header. i been trying everything to reduce the heat before opting to going up to a 240mm/ 360 mm radiator

Sep 22, 2020
240mm is enough, but no one's really stopping you from getting 360mm either, although it doesn't offer much more over a 240.
one last question so i dont bother you to much. so i was wanting a 240mm to still be able to mount a single fan in the front to get fresh air into the case. instead of the 360mm pushing hot air into the case. do you know if it would be better to do the 240mm and have a fan pushing fresh air into the case instead of a 360mm aio covering the whole front?

Sep 22, 2020
In what chassis?
it is call slate 2 from ibp holds 3 fans in the front. 1 in the bottom. 1 in the back and 1 on top. i test fit that i can fit 3 fans in front and the 1 at the bottom without space being a issue. but adding a 360mm aio would be a space issue adding the bottm fan.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I had to look up some pictures.

Ok:
1)A bottom fan isn't needed.
It's not going to accomplish much of anything against the gpu fans and the restrictions presented by the psu shroud and psu cables.

2)Solid front panel with gaps on the sides.
Radiator mounted in the front with the fans PULLING air through it. Push is a no-no; there will be less space between the fans and that solid panel - fans need breathing room too.

3)Top and rear exhaust can stay where they are.

Sep 22, 2020
I had to look up some pictures.

Ok:
1)A bottom fan isn't needed.
It's not going to accomplish much of anything against the gpu fans and the restrictions presented by the psu shroud and psu cables.

2)Solid front panel with gaps on the sides.
Radiator mounted in the front with the fans PULLING air through it. Push is a no-no; there will be less space between the fans and that solid panel - fans need breathing room too.

3)Top and rear exhaust can stay where they are.
ty i will be buying a 360mm evga aio