Aug 5, 2020
Hello.
I‘ve Recently noticed a substantial decrease in performance on my PC. I used to get around 200 fps in Overwatch which decreased down to 130-80 fps. I‘ve checked my CPU temperature and saw that it was at 80+ degrees celcius while idle. I‘ve ordered some thermal paste but I can‘t imagine this to be the only issue. These are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rJWYnH
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Did you remove a protective mylar film on the pump before installing?
Something is wrong with your cooler.
You should be seeing 10-15c. over ambient at idle.
Can you feel the pump running?
Are the radiator fans spinning?
Possibly the cooler is bad.
Perhaps some of the fluid has leaked.

Reinstall the stock cooler, it should be perfectly adequate.
I reinstalled the cooler and it didn‘t do anything And the fan seems to be running fine as well.
I would try different software then. It may be reading in error. It just doesn't make sense that it would be 80C in idle with the cooler snug and fan running. Are you sure it's idling?...or as I said...maybe the software is in error.
Try HWInfo or Afterburner (at least those two seem to work well for me).

I‘ve used speccy which said I was on 89 degrees Celsius and HWInfo said CPU Tctl: 94c ; CPU Tdie: 84.1c and CPU Die: 81c
Have you checked task manager when this is going on? Is it idling? What is the CPU usage?

If the CPU usage is indeed low and the fan is running well...I would remove the cooler....change the paste and remount the cooler. Is it excessively hot in the case?

Aug 5, 2020
Have you checked task manager when this is going on? Is it idling? What is the CPU usage?

If the CPU usage is indeed low and the fan is running well...I would remove the cooler....change the paste and remount the cooler. Is it excessively hot in the case?
The CPU usage is between 0 and 5% and I‘ve checked the case temperature and it‘s pretty cool. The Cooler itself gets quite hot after a while because the cpu is so hot.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello.
I‘ve Recently noticed a substantial decrease in performance on my PC. I used to get around 200 fps in Overwatch which decreased down to 130-80 fps. I‘ve checked my CPU temperature and saw that it was at 80+ degrees celcius while idle. I‘ve ordered some thermal paste but I can‘t imagine this to be the only issue. These are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rJWYnH
I think you cooler is bad. I would not even use the PC again till it's fixed.

If you built it and still have the stock cooler put it on.

Reactions: FoxVoxDK
Did you remove a protective mylar film on the pump before installing?
Something is wrong with your cooler.
You should be seeing 10-15c. over ambient at idle.
Can you feel the pump running?
Are the radiator fans spinning?
Possibly the cooler is bad.
Perhaps some of the fluid has leaked.

Reinstall the stock cooler, it should be perfectly adequate.

Reactions: FoxVoxDK
Solution
May 29, 2020
Hello.
if you're using that AIO, considering you're asking like this, i recommend that you get someone that's experienced in builing pcs to re-install your cooler, there's something wrong in there.