[SOLVED] CPU running HOT!

May 19, 2021
So I have an i5 9600k with and nzxt kraken m22 cpu cooler and at high usage I’m getting up to and over 100 C. I’ve replaced the thermal paste and added a fan to the case but it doesn’t seem to help. I’m using the NZXT cam to read my temps. Sometimes when the temps get high the computer will shut down but when running a benchmark on the cpu it will go to 114-115 degrees but won’t shut down.

Solution
Those pump in radiator designs really didn't pan out well. [The pump is in the radiator on the Kraken M22.]
On one hand, if the pump(radiator) is higher than the cpu block, then the pump ends up with air in it, it loses some of its lubrication, gains friction and just ends up harming itself.
On the other hand, if the pump(radiator) is lower than the cpu block, the pump is fine, but the cpu block isn't; the air in there is now disrupting the thermal transfer medium, which is the fluid.

How do I set fan speeds and that pump is at 100
I believe you have to use the NZXT's CAM software for control.
  1. Make sure you took the plastic off of the AIOs coldplate
  2. Make sure pump is set to 100% at all times
  3. Increase fan speed
  4. AIO pump failure isnt unheard of and can cause similar symptoms. Do you hear a pump whirr?
  5. 120mm aios are generally not that great performing, especially for the cost. Perhaps the cooler is insufficient? This is unlikely but a possibility.

May 19, 2021
What kind of case do you have? And if possible can you take a picture of how you have things set up?
  1. Make sure you took the plastic off of the AIOs coldplate
  2. Make sure pump is set to 100% at all times
  3. Increase fan speed
  4. AIO pump failure isnt unheard of and can cause similar symptoms. Do you hear a pump whirr?
  5. 120mm aios are generally not that great performing, especially for the cost. Perhaps the cooler is insufficient? This is unlikely but a possibility.
plastic is off. How do I set fan speeds and that pump is at 100

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Those pump in radiator designs really didn't pan out well. [The pump is in the radiator on the Kraken M22.]
On one hand, if the pump(radiator) is higher than the cpu block, then the pump ends up with air in it, it loses some of its lubrication, gains friction and just ends up harming itself.
On the other hand, if the pump(radiator) is lower than the cpu block, the pump is fine, but the cpu block isn't; the air in there is now disrupting the thermal transfer medium, which is the fluid.

How do I set fan speeds and that pump is at 100
I believe you have to use the NZXT's CAM software for control.

Solution
NZXT's website says the pump speed is basically at 3000 RPM +/- 300, which to me implies you can't change the pump speed.

I also have some concern about the case, since the H510 isn't known to be a case with good airflow. Is the AIO mounted on the front? Are the front fans mounted more inside or outside (if it can even fit)?