Question CPU running low clocks causing lag

Jan 18, 2021
I recently upgraded my PC and I'm playing modded minecraft (FTB revelations to be specific) but my CPU is running at 2-3GHz so my framerate is horrible. It works perfectly in all other games and I don't know how to or if there is a fix but if someone knows it'd be a great help, thank you.

My PC:
Ryzen 7 5800x (3.8GHz base)
32GB RAM (12GB allocated to Minecraft)
RTX 3070 TUF oc

Jan 18, 2021
What motherboard?
What BIOS version? Have you updated BIOS lately?
After updating BIOS did you reset CMOS?

What CPU cooler?
What are your system fans like? intake fans in front/bottom, exhaust fans in rear/top?
Its an MSI MPG B550 carbon gaming wifi all firmware updated to the latest version, and the CMOS was reset yes. CPU cooler is a corsair 240 AiO and there are 3 120mm intakes in the front and the 2 120mm in the AiO as exhaust in the top. my temps are fine, and I'm able to play cyberpunk on max 1080p so I know its not a hardware problem. :)

Its an MSI MPG B550 carbon gaming wifi all firmware updated to the latest version, and the CMOS was reset yes. CPU cooler is a corsair 240 AiO and there are 3 120mm intakes in the front and the 2 120mm in the AiO as exhaust in the top. my temps are fine, and I'm able to play cyberpunk on max 1080p so I know its not a hardware problem. :)
It doesn't sound like a CPU, configuration or general hardware problem, especially since it's working fine in other games. And I also assume your GPU drivers are up to date with a clean install.

I'd say take this to games forum, Minecraft in particular, to see if they've experienced similar issues.

Jan 18, 2021
It doesn't sound like a CPU, configuration or general hardware problem, especially since it's working fine in other games. And I also assume your GPU drivers are up to date with a clean install.

I'd say take this to games forum, Minecraft in particular, to see if they've experienced similar issues.
ill try that thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS