[SOLVED] CPU running too hot?

Apr 6, 2020
Hello I recently purchased a ryzen 5 3600 'seemed' to be running ok for about a week or so but now I am getting a bunch of blue screens now. Don't really know why can no longer get into windows but can get into asrock taichi x370 UEFI also I should add the temperature probably…. CPU temp - 55.5 °C / 131.9 °F not sure if mobo temp is needed but m/b temp - 32 °C / 89.6 °F
Specs
CPU - ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard - asrock taichi x370

Last edited:
Solution
Hello I recently purchased a ryzen 5 3600 'seemed' to be running ok for about a week or so but now I am getting a bunch of blue screens now. Don't really know why can no longer get into windows but can get into asrock taichi x370 UEFI
Specs
CPU - ryzen 5 3600

Many people do think Ryzen is running hot, but it's not really. It's normal to see temperature spiking to 60C and even higher sometimes during even light loads. RyzenMaster is usually better to read temp since it averages to get a truer thermal reading. Or if using HWInfo64 (better) look at Tdie (average).

But since you're having problems...

What heat sink are you using? assuming the stock Wraithe... have you checked all the mounting...
Hello I recently purchased a ryzen 5 3600 'seemed' to be running ok for about a week or so but now I am getting a bunch of blue screens now. Don't really know why can no longer get into windows but can get into asrock taichi x370 UEFI
Specs
CPU - ryzen 5 3600

Many people do think Ryzen is running hot, but it's not really. It's normal to see temperature spiking to 60C and even higher sometimes during even light loads. RyzenMaster is usually better to read temp since it averages to get a truer thermal reading. Or if using HWInfo64 (better) look at Tdie (average).

What heat sink are you using? assuming the stock Wraithe... have you checked all the mounting screws to be evenly tightened? did you use the pre-applied thermal compound? Make sure there was no plastic surface protector still in place?

You might unmount the heatsink to check this. Clean the old compound off when you do though and apply fresh compound (a pea-size dot in middle) and reinstall heatsink. Tighten screws moving cross-wise to get all four screws in at least three passes.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 6, 2020

What heat sink are you using? assuming the stock Wraithe... have you checked all the mounting screws to be evenly tightened? did you use the pre-applied thermal compound? Make sure there was no plastic surface protector still in place?

You might unmount the heatsink to check this. Clean the old compound off when you do though and apply fresh compound (a pea-size dot in middle) and reinstall heatsink. Tighten screws moving cross-wise to get all four screws in at least three passes.
Would something like this work? https://pin.it/eiyVOEc