Cpu running very hot!

Aarsvold

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys

Im having a problem that i don't seem to be able to find an answer to.

(Sorry for semi bad english, not my primary language)

I built my pc for about 2 years ago, and it have brn running great, until this problem occurred.

My specs:

Intel core i7-4790k
Cooler Master Seidon 120V
Cooler Master cm Storm Stryker
Corsair RM650 Gold
Kingston HyperC Fury DDR3 - 16GB
Msi Geforce GTX 980
MSI Z97 GAMING 5

This monday my pc suddenly turned of when i pressed restart.
I turned it back on, and after a minute or two it shut down again.
I was wondering what the problem could be.

I then turned it on and watched my motherboard, it showed that the temperture was at 99C.
Of course i turned it off again

I then proceeded to clean out my pc with caned air, all the fans, also the fan for my cpu cooler.
When i was done i turned it on again and went into the Bios.
The temperture then started at 60C, but quickky raised to 99C again - just running the Bios.

I then searceh around the net, and found out that perhaps i should try to replace the thermal paste.

So i took of my cpu cooler, cleaned it, and the processer too, and then reapplied Arctic silver 5 thermalpaste, using the "x-method", that i had read should be the best method.

But it is still running carzy hot!

What wonders me the most is that the first temperature it displays is around 55-60C, it is deffently not that hot in here.

Do you have any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Solution
Yes if you've cleaned the case out and reseated the cpu cooler that pretty much leaves the cooler itself, and as fast as it's overheating it's most likely not pumping

Aarsvold

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
Shoud i try to take the cooler off the cpu and keep it in the moterboard and try to rund i and feel woth my hand if the copperplane on the cooler hets cold?