[SOLVED] Cpu runs on base speed while heavy load

Oct 3, 2020
My Cpu runs at 3.7ghz while on heavy load and when I am idle i run 4.3ghz(turbo for my cpu). I have no idea why its running on low speeds when I need them when I am gaming.

Ive done a lot of testing and my cpu is 42degrees max(fans on low speeds) and gpu 65 degrees. However my cpu sometimes runs at the turbo while on heavy load, it depends on what I am doing. when I render in blender its 3.7ghz but when I play CSGO it 4.3ghz and when I play Fortnite it slows down to 3.7ghz.

Can someone please help me out I'm so confused and annoyed because I never had the issue until like 1 month ago. Since then I thought that updating BIOS would help because my the update helps the motherboard with Vcore stabilisation and consumption so it should've helped and it didn't. Now i think there should be something wrong with my regedit Because ive tweaked some things and maybe the problem lays there when I'm using the certain heavy loads. |

I hope someone can give some clues from why its not working how it should.

Thanks in regard Bwen

CPU - Intel Core i5-9600K
MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI GAMING X 6G
PSU - Be quiet! System Power 9 600W
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gb (dual sticks)
Case:
Cooler Master MasterCase MC500 - Midtowermodel

Cooling:
Noctua NH-D15 - CPU Cooler
Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 2x - Fans

Storage :
1tb Seagate barracuda hdd
500gb kingston A1000 m.2 ssd

Keyboard: hyperx alloy fps rgb
mouse: Gpro wireless
monitor: 1. AOC27G2U (144hz 1ms)
2. AOC 24B2XH

headset: Logitech G933

Last edited:
Solution
I have upgraded to an
Cooler is as good as it gets.
Time to look into overclocking.
For max performance, it can get complicated.
But a simple way is to leave all voltages on auto and gradually raise the all core multiplier from the stock 37 to a higher number.
Run a stress test.
OCCT is a good one. By default, the test will stop at 85c.
Monitor your vcore voltage and do not let it get to 1.4v.
When you reach your max, back off a notch or two.
Implement adaptive voltage and speedstep which will reduce the multiplier and voltage when there is little to do.
In windows power management, set the minimum cpu performance to 20%
Dec 25, 2020
so i have a question. do you use razer cortex/synapse to launch? or nvidia geforce experience? these 2 programs will change how your computer handles certain things such as gaming vice working. do you have any extra processes running? have you done a malware scan? have you made sure your bios are up to date? in your bios have you checked your cpu clock settings? are you running XMP?

Oct 3, 2020
so i have a question. do you use razer cortex/synapse to launch? or nvidia geforce experience? these 2 programs will change how your computer handles certain things such as gaming vice working. do you have any extra processes running? have you done a malware scan? have you made sure your bios are up to date? in your bios have you checked your cpu clock settings? are you running XMP?
I don't have any razer program. I have nvidia geforce experience. I don't know how I can check any extra processes but I have dragon center and Appcenter. I have done malware scans but only from Windows security. and I updated my bios to F10H the latest(did it yesterday). And yes I'm running XMP and my ram runs at 3000MHz

https://prnt.sc/w9s2cz
https://prnt.sc/w9s4ey
https://prnt.sc/w9s4l3

Turbo applies to one core when the load on other cores is light and when the cooler can keep temperatures in check.

You have an overclockable K suffix processor and a Z390 motherboard that should be capable of running at 4.5 on all cores.
Perhaps more if you have a good chip.
In the bios, gradually raise the all core multiplier and see how you do.
Your hyper212 is just an OK cooler. To get the max out of your chip, look into a better cooler.

Oct 3, 2020
Turbo applies to one core when the load on other cores is light and when the cooler can keep temperatures in check.

You have an overclockable K suffix processor and a Z390 motherboard that should be capable of running at 4.5 on all cores.
Perhaps more if you have a good chip.
In the bios, gradually raise the all core multiplier and see how you do.
Your hyper212 is just an OK cooler. To get the max out of your chip, look into a better cooler.
I have upgraded to an

I have upgraded to an
But a simple way is to leave all voltages on auto and gradually raise the all core multiplier from the stock 37 to a higher number.
Run a stress test.
Implement adaptive voltage and speedstep which will reduce the multiplier and voltage when there is little to do.

Solution
Oct 3, 2020
Run a stress test.
What do you mean with MAX. the multiplier That I reach until I got 1.4v? And What is this? :implement adaptive voltage and speedstep which will reduce the multiplier and voltage when there is little to do.