[SOLVED] CPU ryzen 5 2600 overheating.

Dec 22, 2019
I just upgraded my pc with a new mobo and cpu after boot its is now overheating when i get in windows (85 degrees) and a pretty high temp in bios (38 degrees). Before my upgrade the temps barrely came above 65 degrees when in heavy use. The fans seem to work normal and start spinning at full rpm as soon as windows boots while in bios they were working as intended. I tried updating my bios and other drivers but the pc keeps crashing/overheating before i can do anything.

-CPU ryzen 5 2600
  • Mobo Asus prime b450
  • Ram vulcanz 8 gb

For the cooler of the cpu i used the stock cooler with the pre applied cool paste as i thought that was a nice and good layer. any thoughts about what is wrong and how i can fix it?

Solution
I some time finds BIOS readings are all over the place.
You could try to update them. Like other suggested, reapply thermal paste, make sure you clean the CPU IHS and bottom of the cooler first.
Also, you could use ryzen master to monitor whether or not your CPU is thermal throttling or not.
Dec 22, 2019
Try to reseat the cpu cooler. You need to reapply the thermal paste too.
Hey I tried this the paste looked like a bad job indeed after reseating the cooler it was still getting to 80 dergees in idle the bios has the same temperature as previously mentioned. Could it be that a sensor is faulty or that something else is overheating it?

Dec 22, 2019
Hey quick update i now downloaded hwmonitor and core temp they both say that the cpu is 35 degrees so is speccy just wrong and that is that or are both wrong.

I some time finds BIOS readings are all over the place.
You could try to update them. Like other suggested, reapply thermal paste, make sure you clean the CPU IHS and bottom of the cooler first.
Also, you could use ryzen master to monitor whether or not your CPU is thermal throttling or not.

Solution