[SOLVED] Cpu seems to be acting weird

boutanmalik

Prominent
Feb 3, 2019
I was messing around trying to add an 8gb stick if ram and found that the first two slots wouldn't work. But to be careful I had taken off my CPU cooler. My ram is at 12 gb 1x4(samsung) 1x8 (corsair vengeance 10 10 10 27) instead of the previous 8gb (dual channel 2x4gb samsung 11 11 11 12)

But yeah in task manager my cousin activity us a bit high. I usually have alot of chrome tabs open, or a game running instead, but it seems off.

I might be wrong but a bump in numbers makes me paranoid.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z9Y3KZU

Solution
well chrome is a resource HOG.
in chrome settings there is settings that can cut down on the background usages of chrome.
checkout somethings like these:
www.techspot.com/article/1193-chrome-performance-memory-tweaks/

www.problogbooster.com/2011/11/Make-Chrome-Faster-Flags-Speedup-Browsing--Downloading-Fix-Crash-Freezing-Optimization.html

some of these things helped my son's fx 8350 that had 16gb of 1866 his usage was up around 58%
then we done some of these thing which helped to some extent but the best was to remove chrome and installed
firefox 64 bit version
www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

as far as your ram slots recheck your mobo manual for you ram slot set up, check for bios updates and seeing how you changed ram config...
well chrome is a resource HOG.
in chrome settings there is settings that can cut down on the background usages of chrome.
checkout somethings like these:
www.techspot.com/article/1193-chrome-performance-memory-tweaks/

www.problogbooster.com/2011/11/Make-Chrome-Faster-Flags-Speedup-Browsing--Downloading-Fix-Crash-Freezing-Optimization.html

some of these things helped my son's fx 8350 that had 16gb of 1866 his usage was up around 58%
then we done some of these thing which helped to some extent but the best was to remove chrome and installed
firefox 64 bit version
www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

as far as your ram slots recheck your mobo manual for you ram slot set up, check for bios updates and seeing how you changed ram config might try clearing cmos and recheck rams settings in bios.

Solution