CPU showing between 87-96 Celsius

TnTyson

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
My CPU is apparently running red hot and I am not the greatest at PC hardware. I've crawled all over the internet and tried the things that lol like they'd work.
I've got fresh thermal paste on the CPU. Nothing feels hot even though the readings are showing over 90 degrees c.

I've attached a few pics of what I hope are relevant info. Also there is no stuttering when running games or anything else.

D6CamVB.png

WcHJc6F.png

3b3QtFH.jpg

KPk4JxQ.jpg

As I said I'm not the greatest with PC stuff generally so I'll need advice that's fit for a 5 year old to follow...

Solution
Checking the Fan and Heatsink literally require just looking at them. The heatsink can collect dust and if there's too much gathered, then air can't flow through the vents/fins and it doesn't allow the system to cool down any. And for the fan, it's literally to see if it's spinning and the RPMs it is spinning at. The only fan I see in the screenshots is running at roughly 2200 RPMs.

The Heatsink is the chunk of metal between your processor and fan. Generally they're made out of aluminum although some have copper cores and others use copper heatpipes. To clean it, you can just blast compressed air through the vents to remove any built up dust.

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Some CPU's can run extremely hot (I've seen an AMD 95w CPU run at 92C constantly without issue for the last 3 years) Can you let us know what CPU you have? You can check by doing the following:

Press the "Windows" key and the "R" key at the same time to launch the "Run" Window. In the run box type "msinfo32". When the "System Information" window loads, on the right side, find "Processor" and give us that info.

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
In this situation, you are running hot (those numbers from BIOS should't be that high). Through a bit of research, I find most people are running in the mid-upper 70's and in 1 case, a person talking about being in the 80's but that was overclocking to 5Ghz.

If you have fresh paste on it and are still idling in the bios at 80, then I'd assume you've got a bad fan, clocked heatsink, or real bad case airflow.

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Checking the Fan and Heatsink literally require just looking at them. The heatsink can collect dust and if there's too much gathered, then air can't flow through the vents/fins and it doesn't allow the system to cool down any. And for the fan, it's literally to see if it's spinning and the RPMs it is spinning at. The only fan I see in the screenshots is running at roughly 2200 RPMs.

The Heatsink is the chunk of metal between your processor and fan. Generally they're made out of aluminum although some have copper cores and others use copper heatpipes. To clean it, you can just blast compressed air through the vents to remove any built up dust.

Solution

TnTyson

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Ali the dust has been blown out (same fella that looked at air flow). I'm out at the minute but I'll physically look at all the fans/ components make sure they look right.
I'll post pictures just to get some experienced views.