Sep 29, 2017
I hv MSI H81M E33 motherboard and Intel i5 4590 processor
Running on Windows 8.1
Computer shuts down within seconds after it's turned ON
Sometimes it hpns after 3minutes
Wt can I do to fix it
Pls help

Solution
I usually recommend at least 15% over what your favorite watt calculators show, and usually round up to the nearest half, so this would be 300W.

Also the quality of the PSU is also something to consider, but with enough extra power capability of the PSU, the less it would struggle and the easier it would be for lesser quality PSUs to provide your needs.

(There used to be a Power Supply tier post here in Tom's forums, so try and find that to get an idea of some good named PSUs.)
Hard disk problems are much different usually. If you have a bad hard disk, you'll usually end up booting into the BIOS instead of Windows, or your computer will become really slow, especially when opening files and such. This doesn't look like a hard disk problem.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
I usually recommend at least 15% over what your favorite watt calculators show, and usually round up to the nearest half, so this would be 300W.

Also the quality of the PSU is also something to consider, but with enough extra power capability of the PSU, the less it would struggle and the easier it would be for lesser quality PSUs to provide your needs.

(There used to be a Power Supply tier post here in Tom's forums, so try and find that to get an idea of some good named PSUs.)

Solution