Question CPU sits at 90s while gaming and at 70s on normal use

Jun 13, 2022
So i recently bought a pre assembled pc from best buy which i use for gaming. I play both very demanding games but aswell as simple games but the cpu always goes to 90s and up and even touches 100. it never powers off or struggles to run any game. Not to sure what to do but i was told for it to even be in those high numbers is really bad.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Gonna have to narrow the cpu cooler and chassis more than that...
A link to this PC - if it exists - or images of the inside of the PC(glass panel removed, please), the front and top panels. Use image hosting site, like imgur.com to post images.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, the cpu cooler's type(downdraft) isn't adequate in this scenario.
There's a lack of side panel intake for it - not possible due to the glass panel, and the cooler has to deal with not just the cpu, but some of the exhaust from the gpu. Together, those 2 points are too much for the i71C.

Solution is a new cooler, either a tower air cooler or a 240mm or 360mm AIO.
Tower air cooler would be more affordable, but the clearance info that's needed is not provided, so you would have to find that out manually: measuring(millimeters) from the top of the cpu to the point the glass panel would be if it were closed.

Another option might be to return the PC? IDK. You shouldn't have to deal with this, but they went too low on the cpu cooler.