Question CPU socket color on a new motherboard is not uniform? Concern or not an issue in your expert opinion ?

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I am in the process of making a new build and i got a motherboard that didn't look quite new so I returned it. While I will get the next one, does anyone know if the cpu socket color is supposed to be uniform or areas that look darker are expected?

Check out the pattern in the cpu socket for the mobo in question, the color pattern seems really weird to me but yet again this would be a first build from scratch for me so I haven no idea if its normal or not.

View: https://i.imgur.com/vqvx5HY.jpeg

Something happened here or all motherboards have this? (mine is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max )

Thanks in advance, I have no idea and dont know where to ask i hope its the right sub-forum

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I would look at the rest of the motherboard and look for any signs of prior use. Where did you buy the motherboard?

amazon.co.uk but its sent back already, had some dust and i was 90 % sure its not new by the look of it. TBH the cpu socket got me worried the most but Im not sure because i never bought a motherboard without cpu installed already

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Kinda hard to tell, looks like its from the heat when they installed the socket, but looks like liquid damage as well, weird.

That was my thought as well, looked like something was spilled in there to me, but i had no idea if that color is possible coming from the factory

I think you are still saying that if the next motherboard will look pristine otherwise, this coloring issue is not indicative of previous usage

TRENDING THREADS