[SOLVED] CPU socket pin broken off, fixable?

Solution
If its completely broken off, then nope. No way of fixing that really
However depending on your mobo you can still use it with a few broken pins as long as they weren't necessary but I would highly recommend not trying this since it could result in damaging your components (if you really are desperate - you can find diagrams online for specific mobo cpu slot pins and if your pin is a ground pin or so, you can put the cpu in and stress test it, if it doesn't immediately crash then lucky you it works)
you should try to get your money back honestly, best thing to do, no way to fix a broken pin

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
However depending on your mobo you can still use it with a few broken pins as long as they weren't necessary but I would highly recommend not trying this since it could result in damaging your components (if you really are desperate - you can find diagrams online for specific mobo cpu slot pins and if your pin is a ground pin or so, you can put the cpu in and stress test it, if it doesn't immediately crash then lucky you it works)
you should try to get your money back honestly, best thing to do, no way to fix a broken pin

Solution
May 3, 2021
It tdoes turn on, LAN blinks, CPU fan goes on but no signal on my screen, that's the problem and why I went to investigate... I looked at diagrams and it seems to indeed to a VSS pin. So could the no signal be unrelated to the broken pin?

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
It tdoes turn on, LAN blinks, CPU fan goes on but no signal on my screen, that's the problem and why I went to investigate... I looked at diagrams and it seems to indeed to a VSS pin. So could the no signal be unrelated to the broken pin?
if its a vss pin then no, thats simply there for amperage draw and as you said a single pin is broken - shouldn't really matter.
as far as no signal goes I would check for any other bent pins, especially cause some of them do commonly cause pcie port malfunction
it could also be more common issues such as ram, often bad ram or incompatible ram, or try starting without ssds in the system. Could even be the amount of power being given to the board

May 3, 2021
if its a vss pin then no, thats simply there for amperage draw and as you said a single pin is broken - shouldn't really matter.
as far as no signal goes I would check for any other bent pins, especially cause some of them do commonly cause pcie port malfunction
it could also be more common issues such as ram, often bad ram or incompatible ram, or try starting without ssds in the system. Could even be the amount of power being given to the board
checked the pins again... 2 other (more important) pins are bent... Fixed 1 already. Second one is harder. Hope I can fix it and that it fixes the issue... Unbelievable people can be this sloppy with a socket btw, the bent/broken pins were all > 10 pins apart.

May 3, 2021
Think I found the actual issue... 2 pins are fried I think and one of them is a PEG_TX pin which stands for PCI Express Graphics. rip

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
Think I found the actual issue... 2 pins are fried I think and one of them is a PEG_TX pin which stands for PCI Express Graphics. rip
yup that about sums this all up, rip dude
is there no way to return it?
also a little tip for next time you buy a mobo, its always best to take a picture of the socket (checked in person or not) directly after bought incase this happens, being so from a reputable company or just a random seller

May 13, 2021
Bought this asrock h110 btc pro off of someone, apparently a pin has broken off... Fixable or should I just take the L and get another board?

I had an intel motherboard with a couple bent pins. Got a couple back, but one broke off. Took a few minutes to realize that it disabled 2 of the 4 RAM slots on the board. (board won't post with RAM in those slots)