CPU socket, power supply, or cpu might be broken

Sep 24, 2018
so around 2 weeks ago i turned my computer off to go do something elsewhere and when i came back my computer was refusing to power on, when i would press the power button it would turn on the case fans but the gpu light and the cpu and gpu fan would turn off and on repeatily. So i disassembled the computer to try to find the cause and i came to find that the gpu light and fan, and the cpu fan would only turn off and off if the cpu 8pin was plugged in? Ive tried resetting CMOS, testing power supply, checking cpu, and removing the ram to no avail. Any suggestions?

Part List
CPU: Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz
RAM: Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory
VIDEO CARD: GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SSC
SSD:Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB
PSU: EVGA 600b
HDD:Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
CASE:NZXT - S340 Elite

Sep 24, 2018

i only have 1 stick of ram; the cpu didnt seem to have any bends but the cpu used to be severly bent but was since "fixed" but i wouldnt be suprised if it was still bent in some places, it seems to be primarily in good shape. I dont see any thermal paste or bent pins currently though, and im pretty sure the cpu is seated properly

Sep 24, 2018

sorry for the late response but i did end up breadboarding it and it does seem to be the motherboard or the cpu, i took it out and put it on a cardboard box and took off the gpu and its doing the same thing any ideas?