[SOLVED] CPU socket thermal paste issue

joshuan542

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Evening all,

so unfortunately I went into autopilot mode today and ended up placing some Mx4 paste in my socket of my am4

luckily mx4 isn’t conductive and it seems all my socket holes are clear I just of course want to get this cleaned up the best way possible.

I have also placed my 5600x into the socket to check it does clear and it sits like normal

reason this happened: I’m a dumbass basically, the 34 esports duo cooler asks for paste to be applied to the cooler base not CPU so I magically assumed I had my CPU setup ready for the cooler so I placed it on slightly and then realised

I’m looking for advice and any guidance :) thank you

Solution
Evening all,

so unfortunately I went into autopilot mode today and ended up placing some Mx4 paste in my socket of my am4

luckily mx4 isn’t conductive and it seems all my socket holes are clear I just of course want to get this cleaned up the best way possible.

I have also placed my 5600x into the socket to check it does clear and it sits like normal

reason this happened: I’m a dumbass basically, the 34 esports duo cooler asks for paste to be applied to the cooler base not CPU so I magically assumed I had my CPU setup ready for the cooler so I placed it on slightly and then realised

If it's working now, it's most likely OK. Since there was no pressure without CPU paste...
Evening all,

If it's working now, it's most likely OK. Since there was no pressure without CPU paste shouldn't have gone into holes.

Solution