cpu speed is not at max eventhough game is laggy and require more cpu speed

Aug 27, 2018
I tried running a cpu intensive game, but after that, I found out that the pc is just running in about 1.3 GHz, I overclocked my pc a bit and it should be 2.93GHz, people also said there is a turbo boost which will be automatically enable to boost it to up to 3.3GHz, but the cpu speed just stay at about 1.3 GHz, how can I fix that?

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz

also, when I checked my ststem processor it is written like this

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz 1.6GHz, does that mean my pc is running in 1.6 GHz? Because the number is always different and it will stay to same until I relaunch it again

Solution
Your CPU should always be running at 2.8Ghz and boost up to 3.3 at occasions.
Go to the windows control panel,power options and choose to use the performance settings,that should put your CPU on 2.8 if it continues to drop then your problem is probably the cooling,if it's not enough the CPU will run slower to keep the temps low,since it's ancient it could also be a failing PSU or mobo that can't drive your CPU at full speed anymore.
Aug 27, 2018
but as I said, the game fps is very low when playing it, at first it have about 30 fps then it drops to 3-15 fps, does that have to do with downclock? How can I fix it

Your CPU should always be running at 2.8Ghz and boost up to 3.3 at occasions.
Go to the windows control panel,power options and choose to use the performance settings,that should put your CPU on 2.8 if it continues to drop then your problem is probably the cooling,if it's not enough the CPU will run slower to keep the temps low,since it's ancient it could also be a failing PSU or mobo that can't drive your CPU at full speed anymore.

Solution