CPU Speed Unstable

TheGoodsGIo

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
So I just got a AMD fx 8320 and installed it. My other spec is a R7 370 2gb and 970 motherboard with 750w power supply. When I put in the CPU I opened up cpuz and notice my clock speed was jumping from 1399.9mhz to 3699.8mhz. And the core voltage was 1.016v - 1.064v. While all of this was happening my PC was at 31-36 degrees Celsius. I dont know the problem need help, I just want ot to be stable at normal clock speed 3.5mhz

Solution
Your Clock speed jumping around is completely normal. Its for energy efficiency.
If stress the computer with a game you'll run at the highest clock usually.

TheGoodsGIo

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
Ok sweet I have a question. So I'm trying to play games and record the gameplay but the frame rate isn't that great. The game is csgo should the system be able the run this and maybe I just have to tweak some settings

Which exact motherboard do you have? Your clockspeed bouncing around like that is normal under idle conditions, but if it is happening under load like when playing a game, then that shouldn't be happening, and is usually the result of throttling, either due to your CPU overheating, or the VRMs on the motherboard overheating. The FX 8320 is a power hungry CPU, and the budget AM3+ boards usually don't have the power delivery system necessary to handle the power draw on the 8 core FX CPUs. The VRMs wind up overheating as a result and you get reduced clockspeeds as the power the CPU receives decreases.