Question CPU spike to 40-60% and game stops loading

Sep 30, 2024
As the title implies when i start loading the game i want to play, in this case "WoT Blitz" thru steam, my cpu after a few seconds will spike to anywhere between where I've seen 40% to 60%. Along with this random spile it'll hang there for almost a full minute before dropping back around 10-20% usage and continue. At the same time as the spike for as long as it hangs the game will freeze and stop loading, even going as far for windows to tell me it has stopped responding. I click wait and let it sit before it continues. Occasionally the game will make it to the sign in screen after it informs me ive been disconnected from the server, which i couldnt connect to in the first place and repeat the process all over again. its very frustrating as this is the only game ive noticed this on. at the time of posting in currently AFK picking up my girlfriend from work while updating my drivers. i will re attempt with updated drivers when i get back. any sort of response is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

forgot to add the system specs to help identify any issues

i7-4790
GTX 1050ti
whatever MB the optiplex 9020 has
^ this but for psu
^^ also this again but for my C: drive
24gb quad channel DDR3 (2x8, 2x4(all i had okay?)
Cheapo amazon wifi 5g adapter