[SOLVED] CPU Spiking from Thermal Paste? (Ryzen 5 3600)

Mar 19, 2022
So when I first installed my Kraken x53, it had pre applied thermal paste but I tried getting it off with rubbing alcohol but it didn't really work so I just put it on the CPU. It still looks like some came off and most of it is still on the AIO Cooler. Is this making it a problem for my CPU spike to 100% in games like Valorant and Fortnite? I have a Ryzen 5 3600

Solution
So when I first installed my Kraken x53, it had pre applied thermal paste but I tried getting it off with rubbing alcohol but it didn't really work so I just put it on the CPU. It still looks like some came off and most of it is still on the AIO Cooler. Is this making it a problem for my CPU spike to 100% in games like Valorant and Fortnite? I have a Ryzen 5 3600
100% usage has nothing to do with thermal compound. If you said 100C temp, then maybe, but not usage percent.
I'm not really sure what is your question, but you need thermal paste for your cpu.
It's a must.
The thermal paste that came with the cooler is fine, I would trust NZXT to put something atleast passable.
Rubbing alcohol and paper towels should make quick work of removing it, firslty wipe dry to remove the bulk of it, then pour a few drops of alcohol on the towel and wipe it clean.
Then put new thermal paste.

If you want to check whether your thermals are fine or not, download hardware monitor and check the temperature of your cpu after a game (or perferablly, a synthetic load like aida64 or something similar.)

kanewolf

Titan
100% usage has nothing to do with thermal compound. If you said 100C temp, then maybe, but not usage percent.

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution