[SOLVED] CPU Status led on new PC build

Aug 7, 2020
Built my new PC yesterday after a few hiccups and everything booted up great on the first test. After moving my rig to my room and hooking up all my peripherals, after trying to boot up again I was getting no video output to my monitor and noticed that the red status led on my motherboard was on indicating an issue with my CPU. Unfortunately my Motherboard manual doesn't list any specific problems or troubleshooting steps. Hoping that something just got dislodged in the move to my room. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hardware:
B450 Aorus Elite Motherboard
Ryzen 3700x
2x8 DDR4
2080 Super

Solution
Ok thanks for the info. Please take out the CMOS battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes then put it back in and see if you can get a display to go into BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized efaults then see if it will boot up. Let me know Im here for you!

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Built my new PC yesterday after a few hiccups and everything booted up great on the first test. After moving my rig to my room and hooking up all my peripherals, after trying to boot up again I was getting no video output to my monitor and noticed that the red status led on my motherboard was on indicating an issue with my CPU. Unfortunately my Motherboard manual doesn't list any specific problems or troubleshooting steps. Hoping that something just got dislodged in the move to my room. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hardware:
B450 Aorus Elite Motherboard
Ryzen 3700x
2x8 DDR4
2080 Super
That red light on the CPU means the motherboard just can't give power to the CPU or that the CPU is possibly dead. You can still boot up into Windows and that red light can go away. Try going into BIOS and setting everything to defaults or optimized defaults then give her a boot. What happens when you power up? Do fans spin and computer stays on but just the CPU red light comes on? I doubt you fried the CPU there can possibly be incompatibilities in your situation. Try updating the BIOS firmware. Grab it from another computer then flash it with USB stick and let us know.

Aug 7, 2020
That red light on the CPU means the motherboard just can't give power to the CPU or that the CPU is possibly dead. You can still boot up into Windows and that red light can go away. Try going into BIOS and setting everything to defaults or optimized defaults then give her a boot. What happens when you power up? Do fans spin and computer stays on but just the CPU red light comes on? I doubt you fried the CPU there can possibly be incompatibilities in your situation. Try updating the BIOS firmware. Grab it from another computer then flash it with USB stick and let us know.
Yep all fans, lights and peripherals turn on when I switch the power on. One thing I didn't notice until now is gigabyte logo on the motherboard that is no longer lighting up. Also sorry if I'm misunderstanding but I can't enter my BIOS screen because my rig isn't outputting any video. I've tried display port, HDMI and VGA . 3 different monitors and a couple different cords.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ok thanks for the info. Please take out the CMOS battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes then put it back in and see if you can get a display to go into BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized efaults then see if it will boot up. Let me know Im here for you!

Solution