Question CPU stuck at 0.37ghz

Dec 17, 2022
Noticed this after latest Windows 10 update. Uninstalling that update fixed it for a day then the issue came back again.

How do i fix this?

B660 Aorus Master
MSI GAMING TRIO X RTX3080
Corsair Rm850
i5-12600k

Noticed this after latest Windows 10 update. Uninstalling that update fixed it for a day then the issue came back again.

How do i fix this?

B660 Aorus Master
MSI GAMING TRIO X RTX3080
Corsair Rm850
i5-12600k
It still may be windows fault. Did you run system scans like for instance "SFC /SCANNOW" from Command prompt (as Administrator) ?
One good way to fix system is doing
In-place Upgrade
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a
Just make sure to enable to keep files, and programs/APPs.
That weould replace all system files without loss with original ones,

Dec 17, 2022
I did run sfc /scannow twice, first time came back with some corrupted files. 2nd time wasnt successful and was stuck for 2 hours so I aborted it.

Perhaps I'll give it another shot.

@Reehan

Run ThrottleStop
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Open the Limit Reasons window when your CPU is stuck at its minimum speed. Is BD PROCHOT glowing red in Limit Reasons? This is the most common reason for this problem.

A wide variety of MSI motherboards manufactured during the last 10+ years have had this problem. With older motherboards, it was simple to use ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT on the main screen. Starting with 12th Gen, most motherboards are now locking out the BD PROCHOT setting. If this setting is grayed out in ThrottleStop, it has been locked by the BIOS and cannot be adjusted.

If this is the problem, the only solution is to replace the motherboard. If you get another MSI motherboard, this problem might happen again at any time.

This is a hardware issue. The recent Windows update was likely a coincidence. When a sensor starts shorting out, there might be times where this throttling issue happens intermittently. Post some ThrottleStop screenshots if you need help understanding this problem.

Reactions: CountMike