Question CPU Stuck At 100C [HELP!]

Oct 7, 2022
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11700KF
MOTHERBOARD: Z590 UD AC
GPU: AORUS RTX 3070
16GB RAM

Hi everyone, I recently tried to play a game after updating windows earlier this week, and I realize that my frames are extremely low; 30fps. My first thought was to check my temps and usage, and I see that all my cores are at 100C and remain the same when idling. I'm not sure the reason, however this has happened before. Last time I had to completely reinstall windows, and since then, my GPU fans have not worked. I have 6 case fans, the 2 GPU fans (which still don't work) and also liquid cooling. Can someone help me? Thank you

Oct 7, 2022
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11700KF
MOTHERBOARD: Z590 UD AC
GPU: AORUS RTX 3070
16GB RAM

Hi everyone, I recently tried to play a game after updating windows earlier this week, and I realize that my frames are extremely low; 30fps. My first thought was to check my temps and usage, and I see that all my cores are at 100C and remain the same when idling. I'm not sure the reason, however this has happened before. Last time I had to completely reinstall windows, and since then, my GPU fans have not worked. I have 6 case fans, the 2 GPU fans (which still don't work) and also liquid cooling. Can someone help me? Thank you

Also, every time I try to turn on my PC, it makes a weird sort of scratching or buzzing sound near the CPU and then brings me into BIOS and says boot failure detected.

then brings me into BIOS and says boot failure detected.
Storage device may have died.
What storage do you have in your pc? I can see one M.2 drive. What model is it?
Is it being detected in BIOS?

Your AIO has pump integrated in radiator.
With front mounted radiators it's recommended to install them with hoses at bottom.
Currently air bubbles are collecting at top of the radiator and then get pushed to cpu block.
This kills cooling effectiveness.

I'd suggest you flip radiator upside down.
But if pump has died or cpu block clogged, then this will not help
Get a new cpu cooler then.

Oct 7, 2022
Storage device may have died.
What storage do you have in your pc? I can see one M.2 drive. What model is it?
Is it being detected in BIOS?

Your AIO has pump integrated in radiator.
With front mounted radiators it's recommended to install them with hoses at bottom.
Currently air bubbles are collecting at top of the radiator and then get pushed to cpu block.
This kills cooling effectiveness.

I'd suggest you flip radiator upside down.
But if pump has died or cpu block clogged, then this will not help
Get a new cpu cooler then.

I have a XPG Spetrix S40G, it is being detected.

View: https://youtu.be/cC0Ak_Kg1hw

This is the sound it’s making.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Apaltek makes them. Theres 1 or 2 or 3 pumps depending on the rad, basically an NZXT M-22 stretched, same as the MSI MAG series. It's generally not a pump failure, more often than not it's a coolant breakdown, similar to what Fractal is going through right now, where water quality from 3rd party suppliers was sub-par and affected the chemical composition, leading to coolant not staying in pure liquid form, but clumping up like overcooked sausage gravy.

The biggest difference being Fractal pulled all its inventory for the affected series, got ahold of gamersnexus and other media, let ppl know of unconditional returns/swaps even if the unit hasn't showed signs of failure etc. Arctic did the same, offering fix kits or replacement or repair at their expense.

Some ppl stand behind their products, others don't, not really showing any level of care about the consumer.

Last edited: