[SOLVED] CPU stuck at minimum clock speed

Androoi

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Hello guys! As the title states, I have a problem with my CPU (i5 6402p) permanently running at it's lowest clock speed (2.81 GHz) even if the utilization might be at 100%. I have tried changing the power settings in the control panel but with no succes. Thing is, the minimum and maximum CPU state settings in there are missing. The temps are not getting too high (CPU-Z benchmark) so I asume it's not a thermal throttle issue. Let me know if you need any screenshots or info. Thanks!

Solution
Reinstalling the OS partially solved the issue. Now, the clock speeds do go higher but are bound to the clock ratio, they no longer fluctuate depending on CPU strain. Also, the CPU doesn't seem to go any higher than 3200MHz even though the ratio is set to maximum (34).

Androoi

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Reinstalling the OS partially solved the issue. Now, the clock speeds do go higher but are bound to the clock ratio, they no longer fluctuate depending on CPU strain. Also, the CPU doesn't seem to go any higher than 3200MHz even though the ratio is set to maximum (34).

Solution