Question CPU Stuck in Mobo

Aug 22, 2019
My CPU is stuck in my motherboard very tightly and I cannot remove it. Earlier I went to remove it and when I took the heatsink off it ripped the CPU from its socket due to the thermal paste. I removed it from the heatsink, cleaned off the thermal paste using 91%, and replaced the paste. I put it back in its socket but now it is stuck. I have checked multiple times to ensure that the retention arm is all the way up. I am afraid there may be some bent pins but I cannot tell as I cannot get it out. But it fit into its socket with no issues, so I figured if it had bent pins it would not have fit? The only thing I can think of is that some thermal paste leaked on the sides and is causing it to stick. Should I be very worried about this, or is there any advice someone could offer?

Also if I do have bent pins but it still works, are there any long term issues this may cause? Should I just straight up look to replace it, if the pins are in fact bent?

My specs are as follows:

AMD R5 2600x
GTX 1660ti
16gb DDR4 3000mz RAM (2x8)
MSI b450m Pro-VDH mATX mobo
500gb SSD and 500gb HDD
550w PSU

Thank you for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to include pictures of what your'e claiming to be bent pins. It's quite hard to bend AMD processor pins unless you've erm subjected them to some force. Might also want to share a picture of how the lever is in the lifted position... so we know you're retention lever is all the way vertical.

Make and model of your PSU?

Aug 22, 2019
You might want to include pictures of what your'e claiming to be bent pins. It's quite hard to bend AMD processor pins unless you've erm subjected them to some force. Might also want to share a picture of how the lever is in the lifted position... so we know you're retention lever is all the way vertical.

Make and model of your PSU?

I just updated to say what happened earlier. But to your point, I cant get pictures of the pins because I cannot remove it from the socket so it's very unsettling to say the least (considering this is my first build).

PSU is Corsair Tx-m Series 550w 80 Plus Gold Semi-modular Power Supply

Last edited: