Question CPU stucked at 0,40 GHz

Oct 25, 2021
Hello, I just bought this great laptop, it is an Acer Aprire 5 A515-42-R2J2 and I noticed a very annoying issue.
The issue happens ONLY when the battery is under 30%, after a long time that the PC is turned off and if I turn it on while the charger is not plugged in.
Starting from the ACER logo screen I can see that it is very slow to boot, once I logged into W10/W11 and I check the CPU speed I can see that it is stucked at 400MHz; with this CPU frequency the PC is totally useless.
This issue disappears after 5/10 mins OR when I plug in the charger.
The silly thing is that, if I use my laptop (battery mode, no charted plugged in) and the battery charge goes under 30%, the CPU works fine and I do not get this issue,

I already updated every single driver and BIOS at the first boot, Windows Update did everything automaticlaly.
It is not a problem about the W10's power manager, actually I have tried every single setting but none helped me and I have no issues about the fan or overheating problems, in fact I got this issue since the boot screen before the OS is loaded.
I think that this issue is caused by a BIOS bug, what do u think? How could I report ths issue to ACER?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Expect this from laptops. Most if not, all of them have software controllers to keep lengthen the life span of the battery or prevent overheating.

You should've seen me with my first gaming laptop. It's an ASUS, it weighs 10lbs, charger weighs 4 lbs. It's insane. It can't run any game on battery because the GPU and CPU drains it really fast.

Mess with the Acer laptop software controller and see if you can disable it.

Oct 25, 2021
Expect this from laptops. Most if not, all of them have software controllers to keep lengthen the life span of the battery or prevent overheating.

You should've seen me with my first gaming laptop. It's an ASUS, it weighs 10lbs, charger weighs 4 lbs. It's insane. It can't run any game on battery because the GPU and CPU drains it really fast.

Mess with the Acer laptop software controller and see if you can disable it.
I get that, but the pc is jsut turned on and totally cold adn after 10 mins this problem disappears automatically or if I plug in the charger it disappears in that moment.
WIht a frequenzy about 400MHz I'm not even able to open the start menu.