Question CPU suddenly got worse?

darvarn

Honorable
Aug 15, 2018
A few days ago it feels like my CPU just got worse suddenly. Programs seem to take up more cpu usage than usual, my mouse now becomes very sluggish when the cpu is maxed (I mean like moving slowly or not responding whatsoever). I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it or if it actually got worse until I tried Valorant today. It used to run fine, but now it is completely unplayable. The framerate itself seems like it only decreased a little from before, but I can barely move my cross-hair. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary when this started happening although I remember that when this all first started my pc was lagging a lot and eventually blue screened (I do not remember the error sadly). After it restarted I began experiencing these issues.
Edit: I turned off Realtek HD Audio Manager from starting up on start up and it seems to have helped a little, but Valorant is still unplayable. Also, my cpu is I5-6500

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Programs seem to take up more cpu usage than usual, my mouse now becomes very sluggish when the cpu is maxed (I mean like moving slowly or not responding whatsoever).
You might want to see if the OS had received an update leading up to this issue.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS