[SOLVED] CPU suggestion for Picture Editing and Maybe some Video Editing

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hi I am going to build my wife a computer. She has requested one that she can store all of her pictures on and so she can do some picture and video editing. She wants it to boot up quick and not to have a gi-normous case.

Any suggestions on the CPU?

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
ok, its been a while since i was working on this but getting back to it now after all that has been going on ......i just looked up the Ryzen 5 3600 and it does not have integrated graphics..........right? Ok so what kinda of build would you do with this ?

also, are there any cpu with integrated graphics that anyone woudl use? if not thats ok just asking.

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
What could help is not only the budget but what other parts you were thinking about...

Ie set things like size of a hard drive if you have a set amount of data you need on it and what gpus etc you are lookign for and thus how much you may have left for the processor and motherboard. if you already have any parts like monitors or keyboards etc

ok, its been a while since i was working on this but getting back to it now after all that has been going on ......i just looked up the Ryzen 5 3600 and it does not have integrated graphics..........right? Ok so what kinda of build would you do with this ?

also, are there any cpu with integrated graphics that anyone woudl use? if not thats ok just asking.
Going to integrated graphics will cost you threads on your CPU and video editing could definitely use a dedicated GPU.

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
not sure what other parts to suggest as i am not sure. Not sure if i should go mechanical or non-mechanical hard drive.....ie...EEPROM all the way or should i include a large mechanical drive.

As a personal preference, a friend of mine, suggested that i incorporate M.2 memory.....a 500G size........he said he did this and its really nice to put operating system on this. So i was thnking of doing this just to learn a little.

not sure what other parts to suggest as i am not sure. Not sure if i should go mechanical or non-mechanical hard drive.....ie...EEPROM all the way or should i include a large mechanical drive.

As a personal preference, a friend of mine, suggested that i incorporate M.2 memory.....a 500G size........he said he did this and its really nice to put operating system on this. So i was thnking of doing this just to learn a little.
A m.2 SSD would be a good idea.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($112.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB RS XXX Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($44.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $636.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-07 20:47 EST-0500

Solution
Apr 25, 2020
can someone suggest a build....would appreciate it. thanks.

I am also trying to build a computer to edit 4k video. More than 4k needs more professional equipment and at least 1300$. For about 650, I ended up buying some parts, with later upgrade options. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, Gygabyte z390 master (if I am not mistaken it supports both amd and intel), memory RAM DDR4-3200 32GB, for main hard drive considering 512GB M.2 (any cheap brand you find) and additional regular hdd 2TB 7200, on a video card whatever you choose it is gotta have 4GB memory in it, it will work if it’s 2GB, there will be slight differences in speed. And the rest is your choice, tower, power, keyboard, etc. you can manage to build this computer 650$ or less.