Cpu support for p5g41T-M LX

juruzzpops

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
I Just wanted to know if my motherboard p5g41t-m lx support
the xeon x5460 processor.
reply as possible.
Thanx for the attention in advance.

Good Morning. Although your motherboard does not natively support the X5460, some people have managed to make it work.

First of all, you have to take into account that you have to physically modify the CPU and / or the motherboard since they do not physically fit. However most of the X5460 that are sold on the internet are already physically modified to fit the socket 775 without any motherboard physical modification. Make sure that the X5460 is already adapted.

In some cases the X5460 works without modifying the BIOS of the motherboard but it is usually necessary to modify it to add the micro codes of the X5460. In any case it is convenient to do it so that the X5460 gives its full potential.

Keep in mind that updating the BIOS presents a certain risk.

I strongly recommend that you read carefully the attached link where the steps that must be done are explained in detail, taking into account that if you buy an adapted chip it is not necessary to make the physical modification of the motherboard.

Although the attached link lists your motherboard as verified that you can use the X5460 you should be aware that nobody guarantees anything.

https://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/