Question CPU Swap and now stuck in Bios

Feb 14, 2023
It seems to be a common question and I am next with the dreaded Bios loop.

I have a B350 Tomahawk motherboard, had a Ryzen 5 CPU and just swapped it to a Ryzen 9 5900X. I updated my BIOS prior to the swap and had no issues running on the Ryzen 5, but went I put in the new processor I am stuck. I flashed the BIOS again, but nothing seemed to change. I saw people mention swamping to CSM boot, but I do not have that option. I checked and it is recognizing all my equipment and the new processor, so I am officially stuck.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check under boot mode option in bios, what's it set to Uefi or Legacy + Uefi?

I'm guessing Windows was installed using Legacy + Uefi mode (csm) and when bios was updated changed boot mode to Uefi. Uefi should be default mode so it's probably changed to that. Try change it to Legacy + Uefi if it is set to Uefi.

It seems to be a common question and I am next with the dreaded Bios loop.

I have a B350 Tomahawk motherboard, had a Ryzen 5 CPU and just swapped it to a Ryzen 9 5900X. I updated my BIOS prior to the swap and had no issues running on the Ryzen 5, but went I put in the new processor I am stuck. I flashed the BIOS again, but nothing seemed to change. I saw people mention swamping to CSM boot, but I do not have that option. I checked and it is recognizing all my equipment and the new processor, so I am officially stuck.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!
Did you reset CMOS after the update and with the new processor installed? Do it with a battery pull.

If you have to disable UEFI mode operation then you may need to convert the system drive to GPT partitioning scheme. That's a very good thing to do for security as you can stop using legacy mode and use Secure Boot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10 (works the same with Win11)

TRENDING THREADS