[SOLVED] CPU/System upgrade

Matthew Renna

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2017
Hello everybody,
I'm looking to potentialy upgrade my hardware, I just got back from basic and I haven't touched my rig for quite a while now.
I'm currently running,
i5 4440
RX 580 8gb
16gb ddr3
ssd for my boot drive and drives for everything else
windows 7 sp1
The system performed just fine for me last time I gamed on it, I currently don't play too much except a few games, but I'm going to be getting back into it.
I was thinking of two routes for an upgrade.
Either keep the system the same and throw an i7 4790k into it
Or I could build a new ryzen system

Any thoughts as to what would be better?

Solution
Hello everybody,
I'm looking to potentialy upgrade my hardware, I just got back from basic and I haven't touched my rig for quite a while now.
I'm currently running,
i5 4440
RX 580 8gb
16gb ddr3
windows 7 sp1
The system performed just fine for me last time I gamed on it, I currently don't play too much except a few games, but I'm going to be getting back into it.

Depends on your budget, how long you want this upgrade to last, etc. I personally don’t like the idea of throwing more money into a...
Hello everybody,
I'm currently running,
i5 4440
RX 580 8gb
16gb ddr3
windows 7 sp1

Depends on your budget, how long you want this upgrade to last, etc. I personally don’t like the idea of throwing more money into a dead end system. 4/8 CPUs are already struggling in some games. I’d recommend getting a 6/12 CPU like a Ryzen 3600 and a X570 board that will give you upgrade options down the road.

Solution