[SOLVED] CPU tdp

Solution
the problem is the vrm in a a320 motherboard, usually is fugly, poorly designed and overheats under load, the minimum i would put that r7 is a decent b450

this list https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/

says it does support it

the vrm i mentioned earlier under load will give you problems, will get hot alot, making the system decide not to run cpu at higher speeds, it will run at stock speeds basically or slower

try to find a good b450 motherboard, avoid a320, it does not let you overclock and in this case will probably underclock under load

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the problem is the vrm in a a320 motherboard, usually is fugly, poorly designed and overheats under load, the minimum i would put that r7 is a decent b450

says it does support it

the vrm i mentioned earlier under load will give you problems, will get hot alot, making the system decide not to run cpu at higher speeds, it will run at stock speeds basically or slower

try to find a good b450 motherboard, avoid a320, it does not let you overclock and in this case will probably underclock under load

Reactions: Nonkii
Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019

says it does support it

Oh. So will a R5 3600 be good? Since i am not a pc builder and it would be difficult to replace the mobo.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
replace mobo? do you already have the pc? i think you ned to tell us the whole idea, what you have, your budget and what you want to achieve with it
Yup. I got a prebuilt. My budget is $1450-2000. I just want to find a cpu since I am getting performance issues on the pc so I am trying to find what the problem is by replacing part by part.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
part by part? tell me what parts you have now, including psu, motherboard, cpu, hard disk, gpu, everything, your budget crossing with a cheap a320 tells me you neew more information about what you want to do and i need more information to give a better advise

Reactions: Nonkii

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
part by part? tell me what parts you have now, including psu, motherboard, cpu, hard disk, gpu, everything, your budget crossing with a cheap a320 tells me you neew more information about what you want to do and i need more information to give a better advise
Here are some

View: https://imgur.com/a/1tDDATa

I also got an external ssd

I got a crappy psu honestly. I don't know the brand but its 600w

Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.

1x 8gb Adata Ram

What else?

I want to upgrade my things 1 by one until I find the solution. I want to start off by my cpu and then ram and then gpu.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
your list of parts is basically a cheap potato pc, a cheap gaming pc

if you don't know the name or brand of the psu, should hae come with the case and possibly both are pure crap

in this case if you want to upgrade part by part, i would change psu, the the cpu for a r5 2600

the ram module, no, you need 2x8 gbs ram kit

the external ssd is doing nothing, you need a internal ssd, external means is just a expensive usb thumbdrive

the last part i would change is the gpu, put a 1660ti

you mentioned a budget, do you have it now or is a amount of money planned to be invested in a future?

if you have it now, i wouldn't save a single part of that build, i would start a new build, sell that half potato and half cheap gaming pc

the monitor is not 1080p? that one would have to go too, 1080p is the lowest resolution you should have on your monitor

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
your list of parts is basically a cheap potato pc, a cheap gaming pc

if you don't know the name or brand of the psu, should hae come with the case and possibly both are pure crap

in this case if you want to upgrade part by part, i would change psu, the the cpu for a r5 2600

the ram module, no, you need 2x8 gbs ram kit

the external ssd is doing nothing, you need a internal ssd, external means is just a expensive usb thumbdrive

the last part i would change is the gpu, put a 1660ti

you mentioned a budget, do you have it now or is a amount of money planned to be invested in a future?

if you have it now, i wouldn't save a single part of that build, i would start a new build, sell that half potato and half cheap gaming pc

the monitor is not 1080p? that one would have to go too, 1080p is the lowest resolution you should have on your monitor
Thanks. I don't have the budget now but I will have it in the next 3 months or so. I will try doing all of this. The last thing I should upgrade should be the monitor correct? And yes, i know that Single Channel is garbage wich I am looking for a good 2x 8gb of ram. I am truly sorry that I can't upgrade my mobo but I don't have the capability to do that. If I am trying to learn on how to build my first rig, i think is much easier than replacing a mobo since I dont know what I will be doing. I appreciate. But will a R5 3600 be good/better than the 2600?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
there are literally hundreds of videos on youtube showing how to assemble a pc, watch a couple, you will learn alot, motherboard is just one of the parts, is the most annoying to replace but is nothing special to do, those videos will tell you alot, scatrvolt made a build video recently, jayz2cents should have one recent, linus techtips should have some, oztalkshardware did one weeks ago, many channels do these videos to help people like you to start building pcs, or upgrade them

in your case i wouldn't stop with changing motherboard, as i mentioned, laot has to be replaced, so much that you will end with a new pc, so consider keeping it like it is now and just sell it later, then build a new one, so you don't waste money or time in it, is a bad choice of many parts, that is why i mention so many part to be replaced

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
there are literally hundreds of videos on youtube showing how to assemble a pc, watch a couple, you will learn alot, motherboard is just one of the parts, is the most annoying to replace but is nothing special to do, those videos will tell you alot, scatrvolt made a build video recently, jayz2cents should have one recent, linus techtips should have some, oztalkshardware did one weeks ago, many channels do these videos to help people like you to start building pcs, or upgrade them

in your case i wouldn't stop with changing motherboard, as i mentioned, laot has to be replaced, so much that you will end with a new pc, so consider keeping it like it is now and just sell it later, then build a new one, so you don't waste money or time in it, is a bad choice of many parts, that is why i mention so many part to be replaced
Thanks. I've also gotten advice from other people like @Darkbreeze and @USAFRet and some more. I will start checking. I will end the thread and mark the "best answer" on the very first comment you mentioned on the thread since it got a little off topic about "tdp" ;). Thanks mate!

Reactions: atljsf