Cpu Temp 100 celsius

Jul 7, 2018
i just finished cleaning my PC and changed the thermal paste with a new one but still the temperature hit at 100 celsius. everytime a play any games my fps keeps dropping inro 20fps my normal fps was 200 fps now it drops to 120fps i rebooted my pc like 2 times and still hit at 100 celsius i tried looking for any different method on how to fix the temp but still no solution found anyone can help me?
my cpu fan speeds are at 2200RPM my motherboard temp is 39 clesius

may specs are :
RAM ▪ HyperX 16gb
CPU ▪ i5-6500 @ 3.20 GHz
COOLER ▪ Seidon 120V
GPU ▪ MSI Nvdia GTX 960
MB ▪ MSI Z170A Gaming M5

Solution

zulutango28,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

We see many of these "100°C" Threads here on our Forums every day. Frequently this problem is caused by pump failure.

Your i5 6500 came with a stock cooler, which hopefully you kept as a backup. Pull your Seidon off then install the stock cooler, making certain all 4 push-pins are properly latched. Installing Intel's Stock Cooler - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qczGR4KMnY

This should temporarily solve the problem until you RMA the cooler and receive a replacement.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

CompuTronix

Intel Master

zulutango28,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

We see many of these "100°C" Threads here on our Forums every day. Frequently this problem is caused by pump failure.

Your i5 6500 came with a stock cooler, which hopefully you kept as a backup. Pull your Seidon off then install the stock cooler, making certain all 4 push-pins are properly latched. Installing Intel's Stock Cooler - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qczGR4KMnY

This should temporarily solve the problem until you RMA the cooler and receive a replacement.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Solution
Jul 7, 2018

Thankyou for your answer :)

Jul 7, 2018

Jul 7, 2018