Question CPU Temp 48c to 57c during regular computing (internet, email, spotify)

Dec 15, 2019
Was wondering what a normal computing temp is during normal use and not under heave load?

My system spec:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) with stock cooler
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RG Pro 32 GB DDR4-3200
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX Video Card
SSD: 996 GB Hyper X Fury

Are there any tips for cooling down the temps? I have two intake and two exhause corsair LL120 fans.

Was wondering what a normal computing temp is during normal use and not under heave load?

My system spec:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) with stock cooler
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RG Pro 32 GB DDR4-3200
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX Video Card
SSD: 996 GB Hyper X Fury

Are there any tips for cooling down the temps? I have two intake and two exhause corsair LL120 fans.
Pretty well normal for that CPU and stock cooler Many BIOS versions assign to high voltage to CPU in the name of stability, you can try to lower it by using negative voltage.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Pretty well normal for that CPU and stock cooler Many BIOS versions assign to high voltage to CPU in the name of stability, you can try to lower it by using negative voltage.
Or a new cooler? Stock coolers are not that good i mean AMD has much better coolers then Intel but a custom cooler is always better.

Temps for that CPU aint that high dont worry , not sure did you do some OC or just default. It should be a few degrees lower but that can be the case/fan setup. Best bet if you can get a better cooler.

Reactions: CountMike
Hi,

As the above forum Dudes replied, I don't think CPU Temp of 48c to 57c during regular workload is something you have to worry about.

But if you still feel uneasy about it then check out your BIOS if you have enabled the TPU function(1) and disable it.
This function allows you to automatically overclock the CPU and DRAM frequencies and voltage for an enhanced system performance.
k8jYsZF.png

Other than this, there are variety of reason that even two similar type CPUs may have different idle temperatures. Different PC components, PC case, Cooling system, room temp. etc.

So a certain answer if a CPU works under normal idle temp. let alone if above of that it runs other programs, isn't something easy to estimate.

There is the rule of thumbs that under idle temp most CPUs are running between 40-45-degrees Celsius.

A better cooler other than the stock cooler or a case with better Airflow, it will help.
Remove the dust inside the PC case, dust buildup against the blades of fans or the CPU heatsink.

Check the above and let us know if it helped.

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
R5 3600 regularly spikes to around 1.4ish volts, quickest fix is to set a manual clock multiplier, i have set mine to x36, it won't boost but i don't need that. idle is 30 - 35c idle, rarely exceeds 50c under load. i had similar idles to you with stock bios settings