Question CPU running hot

Apr 8, 2020
Why is my GPU heating up while gaming?
Hello guys, I have i9-9900k Cpu/ nvidia 2070s Gpu,
While i play pubg/farcry my Cpu cores goes up to 80-90 celsius is that dangerous for my pc and is normal too

My case is sharkoon Sharkoon TG5 Glass ATX MIDI Tower Red!

Thank u anyway.
Best regards!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Why is my GPU heating up while gaming?
Hello guys, I have i9-9900k Cpu/ nvidia 2070s Gpu,
While i play pubg/farcry my Cpu cores goes up to 80-90 celsius is that dangerous for my pc and is normal too

My case is sharkoon Sharkoon TG5 Glass ATX MIDI Tower Red!

Thank u anyway.
Best regards!
The heatsink fan you are using would be helpful. I use a Noctua NH-D15 SSO (2 140mm fans) on a slightly over clocked (5Ghz on all 8 cores) i9900K - an even under massive load still never gets much above 70, Great airflow in case (3x120mm Cougar PWM + 1x140mm Antec). Color of your case is irrelevant,

The Title of your post says GPU and your question mentions CPU

Reactions: Realeazzye
Apr 8, 2020
The heatsink fan you are using would be helpful. I use a Noctua NH-D15 SSO (2 140mm fans) on a slightly over clocked (5Ghz on all 8 cores) i9900K - an even under massive load still never gets much above 70, Great airflow in case (3x120mm Cougar PWM + 1x140mm Antec). Color of your case is irrelevant,

The Title of your post says GPU and your question mentions CPU
Thank u for answer, if i open the cases glass is danger? Because when i open it degrees goes to 60-70 celsius

IDProG

Distinguished
I have same problem, but my tech support says that not a problem and is normal to heats up while I’m gaming

p.s i have 1 year warranty if it takes the risk I’m cool
Wrong. It IS a problem.

Heat is PC components' worst enemy.
The more heat a CPU has to tank, the more likely the CPU is going to die.

Let me tell you some fatal things that you seem to ignore:
1. 1 year warranty is a TERRIBLE warranty. Here are some PC components' warranty range:
CPU: 3 years
GPU: 3 years
RAM: limited lifetime
Storage: 2-5 years
Case: 2-3 years
PSU: 3-12 years
Fan: 3-5 years
AIO Water Cooler: 2-3 years
Since you don't get any of the boxes of the parts, you are limited to the terrible 1 year warranty.

2. 90-100 °C is a terrible temperature for a CPU. That's when Intel CPUs start to thermal throttle. I bet you don't know what thermal throttling is.
Usually, at that continuous temperature, CPUs only last 2-3 years max, which is probably why your prebuilt company only gave 1 year warranty, because they knew that with CPUs' awesome throttling mechanism, most CPUs will last more than 1 year even at the highest of temperatures, relieving them of any chances of components breaking at the warranty period, while at the same time, the CPUs will have the shortest possible lifetime.

3. A CPU that operates at a healthy temperature will last a long time. We're talking about around 5 years of lifespan.

This is why you build your own PC and not rely on bad prebuilt PCs. By building your own PC, you learn about what's actually important about maintaining your PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: norcalsc

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah... you've got other problems, as well as filing a complaint to the system integrators who assembled it; they should've known better than that.

You've got a serious cooling and hardware issue right now.
1)Your Asus Prime B360M-K is not designed to handle that cpu. It will burn out the VRMs on that motherboard in time.
A Z390 motherboard around 200USD at least is needed to handle that beast of a cpu.

2)Intel stock cooler can't handle a 9900K. Heck, this cpu doesn't ship with a cooler, because Intel knows this!
What you need for this cpu:
Without overclocking, Noctua NH-D15S, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, or a 280mm AIO as a liquid option.
With overclocking, 360mm AIO or custom loop.

This brings up another issue:
3)Make and model of the power supply? There should be a label on the unit itself with that info.

There's also the single channel memory, but that can be put on hold for now, because that's a minor issue.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You got robbed. By a moron who has no clue what he was doing. That Intel stock cooler is rated @ 100w. The i9 9900k will easily hit closer to 200w in a stock configuration, and upto 250w with a locked core 5GHz OC.

There's a reason why Intel specifically does not include a cooler with that cpu, and plenty of warning labels on the uber bright designer cube package.

And sticking that cpu on that motherboard was like putting a race engine in a shopping cart. Just because the cart has 4 wheels does not mean that it'll work as intended. I'm surprised the board lasted beyond a single heavy gaming session.

IDProG

Distinguished
all the parts are new and with warranty itself, but the company when i built gave me 2 years warranty as a whole.
Nice one.

Even prebuilts sell their PC new.

In order for the parts' companies to accept your warranty claim, you must have the boxes of the parts, which I am pretty sure you don't. That's the standard warranty 101. Since you don't have the box, your first-party warranties are void, unfortunately, and your are left with your prebuilt's 1 year.

And, speaking of how many years,
p.s i have 1 year warranty if it takes the risk I’m cool
PRETTY sure 1 does not mean 2.

pc isn’t prebuilt.
Oh really?

Idk how can i check it?
Everyone who picks their own PC parts and builds their own PC knows every single part of the PC.

the company when i built gave me 2 years warranty as a whole.
A non-prebuilt PC is not built by a company. Even if you ask a company to build a PC for you, you still choose your own PC parts, and you still get the boxes of your parts, and in extension, your first-party warranties.

And I'm pretty sure a legit Intel support will not tell you that 90-100°C is okay, and will ask you some technical questions about your cooling configurations.

Okay, so let's recap.
  • You didn't choose the PC parts yourself
  • You know nothing about your PC parts (other than the CPU and GPU)
  • You didn't build the PC yourself
  • There is a third-party warranty in the PC, somehow
  • You didn't have the boxes of the parts
  • A tech support that somehow tells that 90-100°C is okay
  • You didn't know about some technical PC terms like thermal throttling

Well, I think it's obvious that it's a prebuilt.

Yeah Realeazzye, your system builder threw an old Intel box cooler intended for an i3 (the super short one) on your i9 CPU. That's a REAL problem.
images

Last edited:

IDProG

Distinguished
Well, it couldn't be more obvious at this point.

A non-overclocking motherboard with an overclocking CPU? That's prebuilt alright.

A stock cooler on an i9? Typical SI corner cut maneuver.

I'm pretty sure that your PSU is a bad quality PSU, as well.

Like many people have said here, I would just file a complaint, ask for a refund, and build a new PC myself.