CPU Temp 90-100

crisppsocial

Prominent
Jul 24, 2018
Hey, so I have around 90-100 cpu temperature on my cores, I know this is a problem, but im not too good with hardware so im not sure how to fix it, Im 99% sure my airflow isnt very good but im not sure how to fix that

Solution
Are these temps registered in F or C? (Fahrenheit or Celsius, respectively.) If it is Fahrenheit, you are absolutely fine. If it is C, you need to check to make sure that the thermal compound is applied correctly, and that any films that may be on your heatsinc are removed from the cpu contact area. (I have forgotten them a few times in my many builds.) If the compound had good spread, and there are no films on the heat spreader, your heatsinc may have a malfunction. (I use the pea sized bead in the middle, but an x shape of thermal compound material works well.) If you are overclocking, you will experience higher than normal heat levels, but you want to keep those heat levels below 90C. This means you need a better heatsinc with more...

Blaze_1

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
Are these temps registered in F or C? (Fahrenheit or Celsius, respectively.) If it is Fahrenheit, you are absolutely fine. If it is C, you need to check to make sure that the thermal compound is applied correctly, and that any films that may be on your heatsinc are removed from the cpu contact area. (I have forgotten them a few times in my many builds.) If the compound had good spread, and there are no films on the heat spreader, your heatsinc may have a malfunction. (I use the pea sized bead in the middle, but an x shape of thermal compound material works well.) If you are overclocking, you will experience higher than normal heat levels, but you want to keep those heat levels below 90C. This means you need a better heatsinc with more thermal dissipation capabilities. Water cooling is great, because water has a high thermal density. Many heatpipe based heatsinc work well too, but you should read up on reviews for what will work for you. Also, poor air flow can be improved by replacing current fan situations with better quality, or higher CFM (Cubic feet per minute) fans. If you have limited airflow, you want a fan that has pressure capabilities. (Also referred to as Static Pressure.) Static Pressure fans have the ability to push air through areas with small spaces for air to flow.

Solution