Question CPU Temp 93 C?

Dec 2, 2019
I just installed a Ryzen 2600 in new build and to my horror Speccy is saying the cpu temp is 93 c but when I check it in the bios it says 35 c. I tried a few other programs, Core Temp agrees with BIOS but all other programs ex Speedfan, HWmonitor is not showing the temp at all. Not sure what to believe.

Dec 2, 2019
Have you tried Ryzen Master or HWInfo, I find these 2 and BIOS are typically the most accurate.
I'd trust the BIOS temperature more likely. You'd start encountering thermal throttling if you start reaching 95 degrees.
I tried Ryzen Master and HWinfo and they seem to agree with the bios program, around 35 C. It only seems to be Speccy that's way off base for some reason. Everything seems to be pretty stable. Thanks for you help.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
until today i heard about the tool speccy

remember that these tools usually develop their own drivers to talk with the motherboard sensors and provide a reading

as you see, bios has its ways, hwinfo has another, speccy has a different one

in some motherboards hwinfo will give problems, but is very uncommon to have problems with hwinfo, so i tend to trust it alot

there are cases where the problem is not the driver or the tool but the sensor itself, sometimes motherboard manufacturers use cheap bad quality sensors, so values are reported poorly, i had a old athlon x4, the system said cpu was at almost 60°c, but heatsink when i touched it, was really cold, so that sensor was giving bad reports, even under bios

so you can encounter all these situations, what is important is that you check, but use different tools, don't depend on only one tool to do things, because these tools are made by small teams of developers, or even can be developed by only one man, so the tools can't be all the time up to date and work perfectly always everywhere

Reactions: PC Tailor