Question CPU temp acting strange

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hey all, I was looking to see why this is happening, hoping for some help..for some reason my cpu temp will keep fluctuating from 30 to like 41 or 42 celsius around there, sometimes will hit 50 then back down to 30..it's really strange, it never somewhat keeps a stable temp, it doesn't really matter what I'm doing..I haven't even checked under load when I'm gaming or something, but under no load it seems to be really stressing out and just keeps bouncing around..it never used to do this, I'm just kind of noticing it..I haven't my changed my thermal paste prob over a year at least, not sure if that has something to do with it..I have a corsair cooler, is that maybe going bad or is it the chip..? it seems to be running okay, I'm not seeing any performance stuff yet, but something isn't right..if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it..thx so much..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
I haven't cleaned my case in a long time cat hair everywhere, I haven't changed my thermal paste in a long time either that's prob not great..I have a feeling it's maybe one of those two things..? what do you guys think..? sry I'm posting a lot I'm kinda nervous with this..ty ty..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
my cooler is a corsair H60..the single fan one, it's a few years old..hmm I'm looking on HWmonitor it looks like the fan speed is bouncing around also a bit..I don't really notice it, but it looks like the fan speed is bouncing around as well between 1000rpm and like 1700rpm ..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Fluctuating temps are normal for Ryzen cpu's. You can reduce the amount of fan fluctualtion with custom fan curve profiles if your motherboard has this feature.

And yes, clean out your case, especially the radiator.

it's just acting strange because it used to not do this..if I was idle let's say with no load the temp would stay very low and it would be steady, it wouldn't bounce around like this..yeah I'm gunna clean the case, I'm tempted to change out the thermal paste with new to see if that helps anything..yeah my case is dirty, I don't know how much that would affect it..it's really strange I don't know why it's doing this..

TRENDING THREADS