Question CPU Temp and GPU Temps acting strange

Jan 24, 2021
I have a i7-9700k and a rtx 2070 super from gigabyte. My cpu use to stay at a stable 35 idle with a kraken x63 and my gpu would stay at 49 to 50. But now I'm seeing increases in temps and clock speed for both devices like 42 to 45 for cpu and 55 for my gpu while idle. I have reinstalled drivers and even did a clean install of windows. The x63 is brand new too, I have only had it for a month. For my gpu, im using msi afterburner to make a custom fan curve to bring the temp down which I never had to before. I will also mention I got a new monitor from gigabyte that runs at 165hz unlike my old one that ran at 60 but I wouldn't think this would cause an issue.

Last edited:
I have a i7-9700k and a rtx 2070 super from gigabyte. My cpu use to stay at a stable 35 idle with a kraken x63 and my gpu would stay at 49 to 50. But now I'm seeing increases in temps and clock speed for both devices like 42 to 45 for cpu and 55 for my gpu while idle. I have reinstalled drivers and even did a clean install of windows. The x63 is brand new too, I have only had it for a month. For my gpu, im using msi afterburner to make a custom fan curve to bring the temp down which I never had to before. I will also mention I got a new monitor from gigabyte that runs at 165hz unlike my old one that ran at 60 but I wouldn't think this would cause an issue.
GPU temps are most influenced by case cooling.