Question cpu temp help..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hey I have a question about my CPU, it's acting kind of strange..I'm looking at the temps on HWMonitor and for some reason my cpu temp will go to 40 degrees c and then back down to 31c and keeps doing this..it doesn't just stay at a steady temp, it's really strange..it used to not do this..even if I'm idle and not really doing anything on my pc the cpu temp will still fluctuate constantly from 31 up to 40 then back down to 31 then 40 keeps doing this..do I need to change my thermal paste or whats the deal with this..? any ideas..?

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Is this at idle or under load? Is the fan ramping up and down slightly?

it does it at idle it's really weird..I have a corsair cooler, it doesn't really ramp up..everything acts pretty normal, I just notice the temps bouncing around..I haven't really experienced any issues yet, but it's kinda sketch..something is not right with it..I haven't changed the paste in a while, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

it does it at idle it's really weird..I have a corsair cooler, it doesn't really ramp up..everything acts pretty normal, I just notice the temps bouncing around..I haven't really experienced any issues yet, but it's kinda sketch..something is not right with it..I haven't changed the paste in a while, I wonder if that has something to do with it.
It probably isn't thermal paste. But there probably isn't anything wrong, unless you get strange temps when under load.

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
I wonder if maybe my HWmonitor is bugging out and I should uninstall and maybe reinstall it..it's weird, I should sit in bios for a while and see if it does the same thing, maybe monitor it like that..it's weird thought I don't knwo what the heck..I need to clean my pc cat hair prob everywhere in there, maybe that has somethign to do with it lol..

I wonder if maybe my HWmonitor is bugging out and I should uninstall and maybe reinstall it..it's weird, I should sit in bios for a while and see if it does the same thing, maybe monitor it like that..it's weird thought I don't knwo what the heck..I need to clean my pc cat hair prob everywhere in there, maybe that has somethign to do with it lol..
Don't sweat it, there's really nothing to be alarmed about.