[SOLVED] CPU Temp high after overclocking

Oct 22, 2020
Yesterday i meet a problem with my pc where it first started up but it was so slow it nearly wasnt usable. Thereafter it crashed and now I can only reach BIOS, so thats what im doing now, but in BIOS my CPU Temp is stable at 97 degree Celsius so I don't know what I Should do now...

I was gone for 4weeks for work, but 4 weeks ago i overclocked in MSI Adterburner and my pc ran well?

Any tips please?<3 would make my day

System:
I7-5820K
16GB Ram
GTX 1060 6GB
MSI x99s

Solution
Haha sorry, im new to OC. 😅 How can i restore BIOS and OC Settings to default?
There should be a BIOS setting, on one of the BIOS pages, that says something like "Restore Defaults".

Here is a link to the MSI support webpage for your motherboard

Motherboard User Manual

This link is assuming your motherboard is the MSI X99S Gaming 7 motherboard. If this isn't your motherboard, do a Google search on the exact motherboard name and go to the MSI support page for it.
Yesterday i meet a problem with my pc where it first started up but it was so slow it nearly wasnt usable. Thereafter it crashed and now I can only reach BIOS, so thats what im doing now, but in BIOS my CPU Temp is stable at 97 degree Celsius so I don't know what I Should do now...

I was gone for 4weeks for work, but 4 weeks ago i overclocked in MSI Adterburner and my pc ran well?

Any tips please?<3 would make my day

System:
I7-5820K
16GB Ram
GTX 1060 6GB
MSI x99s
Higher heat output and temperature are most common side effects of OC. Like I always say ; "Cool first, OC later". What you should do first is to restore CMOS/BIOS to defaults.

Haha sorry, im new to OC. 😅 How can i restore BIOS and OC Settings to default?
There should be a BIOS setting, on one of the BIOS pages, that says something like "Restore Defaults".

Here is a link to the MSI support webpage for your motherboard

Motherboard User Manual

This link is assuming your motherboard is the MSI X99S Gaming 7 motherboard. If this isn't your motherboard, do a Google search on the exact motherboard name and go to the MSI support page for it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS