[SOLVED] CPU Temp high, Fans running at high RPM

Nov 15, 2020
Hi All,

I've noticed a bit of a dip in game performance (for any games that require CPU such as Siege 100%, Any MMO 70-80 % etc.) I will play for a couple of hours, close the game and my fans will still be going crazy at CPU temps of 50-60c. Even idling I can hear my CPU fan is quite loud. I find that once my CPU temp is up/I have used it for something intensive my fans stay loud until I leave the PC off for a while.

So far I've done the following:

• Updated my BIOs
  • Clean install of windows (and subsequent full system scan with malwarebytes)
  • Cleaned PC and CPU fans of all dust
  • Changed Thermal Compound on CPU
  • Tested my HDD/SSD with the windows Disk Check utility (says they are fine)
I will take any suggestions at this point, I'm extremely confused.

Specs:
  • i7-7700k / 4.20GHz
  • Corsair Hydro H100i Cooler
  • 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Solution
I'm saddened to hear that my 3 year old CPU is in the realm of old- I was hoping to push another year or so out of it :(

I'll still take other suggestions! :)
LOL, tech is changing pretty quick, your CPU is now equal to an i5-10400F, which retails at half of the 7700K at release where I live :D. Flagships become mid range in a couple years now.

I would definitely recommend pushing it for another year, because Intel is due to bring 10nm next year (lol we hope)
Hi All,

I've noticed a bit of a dip in game performance (for any games that require CPU such as Siege 100%, Any MMO 70-80 % etc.) I will play for a couple of hours, close the game and my fans will still be going crazy at CPU temps of 50-60c. Even idling I can hear my CPU fan is quite loud. I find that once my CPU temp is up/I have used it for something intensive my fans stay loud until I leave the PC off for a while.

So far I've done the following:

• Updated my BIOs
  • Clean install of windows (and subsequent full system scan with malwarebytes)
  • Cleaned PC and CPU fans of all dust
  • Changed Thermal Compound on CPU
  • Tested my HDD/SSD with the windows Disk Check utility (says they are fine)
I will take any suggestions at this point, I'm extremely confused.

Specs:
  • i7-7700k / 4.20GHz
  • Corsair Hydro H100i Cooler
  • 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Well the CPU itself is old, and probably with updates those games are pushing more than that 7700K can handle. After high Temps, it does take a while for the CPU to stabilize at usual idle instead of idling high, that's true for even me, so I don't see a problem

Nov 15, 2020
Well the CPU itself is old, and probably with updates those games are pushing more than that 7700K can handle. After high Temps, it does take a while for the CPU to stabilize at usual idle instead of idling high, that's true for even me, so I don't see a problem

I'm saddened to hear that my 3 year old CPU is in the realm of old- I was hoping to push another year or so out of it :(

LOL, tech is changing pretty quick, your CPU is now equal to an i5-10400F, which retails at half of the 7700K at release where I live :D. Flagships become mid range in a couple years now.

I would definitely recommend pushing it for another year, because Intel is due to bring 10nm next year (lol we hope)

Solution