Question Cpu Temp is too High on Sapphire am3+ 970-Ma

JrU

Nov 19, 2021
I bought this board from china,, I was gonna Upgrade my old rig Athlun X4-635/Biostar TA-785Ga, Upon receiving the item i immediately assembled it with my FX-8150... It boots-up, i have some Pics on it,, but the sad part is when i check the Temp God Damn it was too hot 85 Temp on first Boot-Up,,, so i thought maybe the thermal paste on the chipsets was dry, so i changed it,, i even put some extra fan on the side of the heatsink, Im in shock the temp is always on 85, How can i attached the pics here?? i forgot what site was that can some Please help me Give me the site so that i can post the pics of my motherboard Temp....

I bought this board from china,, I was gonna Upgrade my old rig Athlun X4-635/Biostar TA-785Ga, Upon receiving the item i immediately assembled it with my FX-8150... It boots-up, i have some Pics on it,, but the sad part is when i check the Temp God Damn it was too hot 85 Temp on first Boot-Up,,, so i thought maybe the thermal paste on the chipsets was dry, so i changed it,, i even put some extra fan on the side of the heatsink, Im in shock the temp is always on 85, How can i attached the pics here?? i forgot what site was that can some Please help me Give me the site so that i can post the pics of my motherboard Temp....
What CPU cooler do you have ?
That MB is woefully inadequate for 8 core CPU that is hot by nature and uses a lot of power,

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
Most AM3+ 970 boards will provide effective power to the CPU, I have bought used 970 motherboards from china and they were dirty, I had to clean them with distilled water and other non-conductive cleaning products and Q-TIPS, then with an air-compressor, with air gun. then I had to wait over a half of month for them to dry before testing, after my testing, I purchased over 10 fans for two builds. ( I recommend inspecting any used motherboards bought from china) Note: one motherboard had oil like dust and another had thermal paste on the board and in a PCIe slot.
970 AM3+ boards use a lot of power and it is recommended to have 2-3 air intake fans, and or 2-3 exhaust fans, you can hold the Print Screen key and open paint or any digital image programs that support pasting an image you copied by holding or tapping the Print Screen key(PS) to copy your DISPLAY IMAGE (SCREEN shot)....

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS