[SOLVED] Cpu temp jumping from 30-60 when using programs

May 28, 2022
I've recently build a new CPU (first time!), with a Ryzen 9, 32gb ram, Kraken X63 and 2 Be Quiet Silent fans. It's in a Fractal Meshify 2 case.

My temp sits at about 32 when idling, but jumps up to 60-62 any time I run a program. It calms down a little after that, staying in the 40s-50s.

Is this normal? The last computer I had was built 10ish years ago, with less powerful...well, everything.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!

Solution
Depending on ambient, that looks a bit on the uppish side. That's a decent case for airflow. Maybe you should reapply the paste properly or add more fans with a more balanced positive/negative pressure overall, depending on ambient. Maybe even undervolt the CPU. Sometimes, it can just be a poorly binned unit. Or, sometimes it can just be one of those programs that makes an initial spike.
Depending on ambient, that looks a bit on the uppish side. That's a decent case for airflow. Maybe you should reapply the paste properly or add more fans with a more balanced positive/negative pressure overall, depending on ambient. Maybe even undervolt the CPU. Sometimes, it can just be a poorly binned unit. Or, sometimes it can just be one of those programs that makes an initial spike.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS